Wednesday

The Importance of Rituals



 "The Dance of Life"
Oil On Canvas
Thank God every artist is different.  To feel inspired rituals are extremely important to me.  As a creative artist, one of my daily rituals to heighten my senses by starting my day with an intimate cup of coffee while appreciating a work of art I've discovered from inspiration.  Even Michelangelo used to say that his works of art were already in the stone and the artist only had to discover it.  Interesting because I thought everyone experienced the joys and wonders of life discovering art like I do in my daily life.  I am not just an artist, however. I am also a "designer".  So, personally, I enjoy seeing my works of art that I've designed onto ceramic with a cup of coffee before creating new works of art in other mediums.  Taking a minute for myself to enjoy feeling inspired by my works of art are my private moments of meditation.  This daily ritual heightens my senses. After seeing my works of art in ceramic, suddenly I always find myself feeling "blissful and inspired".  For me, it's a wonderful way to start my day.  After this, I also begin seeing works of art everywhere, even in other materials like stone that Michelenangelo discovered to be true in his own life.  For me, seeing works of art everywhere through out my day like this is truly a gift from God.  As an artist, all I have to do was accept the gift. With this work of art entitled "The Dance of Life" above, for example,  this work of art first appeared to me in stone, just like Michelangelo described discovering his own work in stone.  I first discovered these nude dancers dancing on the surface my stone floor in my home.  Naturally, my work was to bring out the image of these dancers I discovered in the marbling of the stone tile that was already created for me.  As you can imagine, it was fascinating seeing these nude dancers dancing on my floor.  So I first made a sketch of the dancers directly on the stone tile with graphite to release these nude dancers out of the stone and bring them out into the realm of my own art.  After my ritual of seeing my art designed onto ceramic while having a cup of coffee, this creative process of discovering art throughout the day usually comes as naturally to me as picking an apple from a tree.  Here is the photograph of the original sketch on the stone tile.  "The Dance of Life" is a metaphor for the way I see the world.  What a gift!  As an artist, naturally life is much,  much more fascinating than I can begin to describe in one post...   Nonetheless, that's why the importance of rituals are extremely important to me.  As an artist, that's why I always say: "Leave your troubles outside because in here, "Life is Beautiful!" -ZERMENO


Where I first discovered "The Dance of Life" as a gift already in the stone.

Here's also an excerpt describing "The Dance of Life" from one of my favorite authors, Jackie Dichner, who is not only a great writer but also a great friend:

"That's crazy different than your Renaissance piece. How fun! See? This proves you have your own style. You don't have to be the next Michaelangelo or Van Gogh or anyone else but you. I always see similar brush strokes in your work: the curly cue hair (This one has just a hint on the female dancer on the left-hand side, but it's there), the long, gangly arms (They could mean anything. To me, they mean, "Ready for the embrace."), the deep vibrant colors (That's passion). There's probably more, but that's what stands out to me and lets me know, "This is a Zermeno!" This is just my interpretation, of course. The great thing about art is that all those who view it get to come to the work with their own perspective and apply that to what they see. It doesn't have to mean any one thing. It can mean anything to many, which is why I think artists need not concern themselves with what others might think. We can't control that. Ultimately, it's doesn't matter, as you've come to realize. What matters is that we get to do our work, that we free ourselves to do the work we were meant to do. That's brave. Because the work is so subjective, that's so very brave.

To me, your style can be weird and crazy and fun and lively and passionate and introspective -- all those things and more. Your "voice," with all of your thoughts and emotions, are hidden inside the image, speaking from the paint. Only you really know what it says. You could never express it all to anyone. It's just impossible to a person to be able to share the thousands of thoughts that might go into the work. But that's why I think your work is fascinating, and I really like the burlesque-influence. Even if you don't mean to, it shows up on the canvas. "


Life is a Gift!
As an artist, to me, I see life is a gift!  That's why I've also created a "giftshop" at ZermenoGallery where I could share what I've personally experienced creatively to inspire others too!  In fact, one of my goals as an artist and designer is to use my works of art to "inspire the world", even if in my own small way.  So no matter where you around the globe, that's why I feel strongly about always finding ways to make sure my works of art are accessible for everyone!  Naturally, I want everyone to enjoy starting the day feeling inspired just like I always do.  My "cups of inspiration" were created with this in mind.  So I hope you'll consider experiencing an intimate moment enjoying my works of art designed onto ceramic in the comfort of your own home.  Each cup of inspiration is guaranteed to inspire.  For me, nothing compares to feeling inspired!  They also come with my personal money-back guarantee.  If you are not fully satisfied, my personal giftshop through Zazzle will always guarantee to provide you with a full refund, minus any shipping of course.  So I hope you'll consider starting your day feeling inspired just like I always am.  I've also created many designs from which to choose.  When you visit my gallery giftshop you'll notice there's always something for everyone!  However, if you have any special interests in my new works still not yet available, just let me know. I am always willing to create new designs upon request.   See the many "Cups of Inspiration" I've personally designed onto ceramic for you to enjoy directly from my gallery giftshop here!